Release date: October 1st, 2014
Category: Latest BETA Release
Main Version: BDP10XAU-77-0827B
How to Get the Firmware Upgrade:
USB Thumb Drive - Use your computer and a USB thumb drive.
Warning: Although firmware upgrade is an easy and usually trouble-free process, it is important to ensure that the power supply to the player is stable, and the upgrade process is not interrupted. A failed firmware upgrade can render the player unusable.
IMPORTANT: Once this public BETA firmware is installed on the player you can can revert back to the previous official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or BETA firmware release.
- Due to the extensive changes in this major firmware update, it is recommended that the user performs a "Reset Factory Defaults" operation after the firmware is installed. Please write down your special settings before doing this, and remember to re-apply your settings and adjust the proper volume level (if applicable) before you play any content. You may experience stability issues if this step is not performed.
Comparing to the current Official release version BDP10X-75-0515, the major changes included in this version are:
Resolved a Color Space issue for the HDMI 1 Out in BDP-103D/105D. Customers reported that if the Resolution was set to Source Direct and the Color Space was set to RGB Video Level, the actual color space sent out was RGB PC Level. This issue has been fixed in this firmware.
Resolved a Picture Adjustment issue found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that after changing the Picture Adjustment parameters for HDMI 1, the value of Contrast Enhancement would automatically go back to 0. It has been fixed in this firmware.
Resolved a playback issue with regular DVD discs found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that if the "DVD 24p Conversion" was set to "On", pressing the REV (rewind) button within the DVD playback could cause the player to immediately freeze up. This issue has been resolved in this firmware.
Resolved a HDMI Audio issue with some 2L Blu-ray Music discs. Customers reported that if the AV Sync was set to 90ms and above, there might be no audio signal from both HDMI outputs.
Modified the RS-232 serial control protocol: we eliminated the "#APP FFR" due to the removal of Film Fresh service, added the "#APP BER" to enable access to the Berlin Philharmoniker concert service, also fixed an issue with "#SZM" that could not change the Aspect Ratio.
Added support for the “Pandora Premiers” station in Pandora.
Improved the Gapless Playback feature, and resolved an issue where the gapless mode could not be enabled for some 96 kHz / 24-bit WAV files.
Improved support for CUE files, specifically for CUE files that point to multiple WAV files.
Added support for MediaControl 3.0.
Firmware Upgrade Instructions:
Firmware Upgrade via a USB Thumb Drive
Click here to download the BIN file for firmware version: BDP10XAU-77-0827B.
- Insert a USB thumb drive to the computer that stores the downloaded BDP10XAU.bin file. (The USB drive must be in FAT or FAT32 format, not NTFS. If you are not sure, just use a new USB drive that is 2GB or smaller since small drives are usually factory-formatted in FAT/FAT32.) Verify that the BIN file is in the root/main directory of the USB drive, not contained within any other folder.
- Remove the USB drive from the computer.
- Turn on your TV display and the OPPO player. Eject the disc tray from the OPPO player and remove any disc. Make sure that there is no other USB drive connected to the player.
- Insert the USB drive containing the firmware file to a USB port on the player's front or back panel.
- The player usually can recognize the firmware file and prompt you for firmware upgrade. In case the player does not prompt you, press the SETUP button on the remote control to enter the setup menu. Select Device Setup, Firmware Upgrade, and then Via USB.
- Please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware upgrade process. Use the remote control to respond to on-screen prompts. Do not use the front panel buttons because the front panel buttons will stop working during the upgrade process.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN OFF THE PLAYER, UNPLUG THE POWER, OR PRESS ANY BUTTONS OTHER THAN NECESSARY TO RESPOND TO THE ON-SCREEN PROMPT DURING THE REMAINING UPGRADE PROCESS.
- In order to complete the firmware upgrade process, the player will turn off automatically. Unplug the USB drive after the player turns itself off.
- Turn on the player again, a new on-screen prompt of "Reset Factory Defaults" will show. It is optional but recommended to reset the player settings by selecting "Reset Factory Defaults".
- Check the new firmware version by going to the setup menu, and then selecting Device Setup - Firmware Information. If you notice that the firmware versions displayed do not match the versions listed in this release note, please contact us to obtain the firmware files that are missing from a previous update.
- Enter your customized settings as necessary.
- Congratulations! You have just completed the firmware upgrade. Erase or discard the firmware file so you do not accidentally install the firmware again.